January 29, 2002, 9:05 p.m.
I paid $326.17 today to get new brakes for my car. It dawned on me that I need new brakes in other areas of my life, too.
1. My love of Ben & Jerry's: sure, they're two boyfriends who never argue over what to rent from Blockbuster, but frankly, I'm a little peeved that they're not adopting my interests. Why don't they offer Pistachio, pistachio anymore, huh? Like any stagnant relationship I've encountered before, I'm going to have to call it quits from this one.
2. Being unorganized: Enough is enough. To continue with the metaphor and to aid in padding in this endevor, I enlisted the help of Office Depot this afternoon.
3. Obsessing over past mistakes: The past sucks, forget it.
4. Obsessing over past boys: They are gone for a reason, right?
5. Blaming other people for my neuroses: Accepting responsibility is goal numero uno.
6. Sounding like a self-help book: um, sorry about this.
The foot is healing nicely; thanks to those who inquired.