green bay: a teeny entry
March 11, 2007, 2:07 pm
Oh, Green Bay, why can't your magic, like Christmas, last the whole year through?
I went to Green Bay after a cancelled flight and an upset stomach threatened to sideline me for the biggest party of the year. Friday night found us eschewing the typical sleigh ride and booyah fun for an Italian dinner and Bad Bar antics. I don't know if I like the new format of the party yet, as I had WAY TOO MUCH FUN AT THE BAD BAR and spent all of Saturday with the worst hangover I've had in months. There are only flashes of Friday night, children. Here is what I recollect:
1.SusannaDanna and I doing some type of Weetacon cheer she taught me in the seconds before. LOVE her. Good people.
2.Jake fondling my breasts, asking if I wanted to Fisting 2.0 Certified along with Eben.
3. Wondering aloud who would be so brazen to don a Kolzig Caps jersey in Wisconsin, only to find out it was Mary's darling hubby, Joe.
4. Esteban coercing me into drinking Yukon Jack with him after I had picked up Poppy's dropped Booyah pin.
5. My girl CruelIrony offering me beer. I continued to accept it, despite my stomach's many, many warnings.
6. Pinning booyah on Minarae with Kevin snickering the background.
7. Hot Jason commanding me to snatch money from Weetabix's cleavage. I did, and then I drank another Schlitz with him. (You can also view video highlights here.)
8. LA being hot ALL THE TIME.
9. Scotty Boom Boom's sorrow over the loss of Jamal Lewis from the Ravens' starting line-up.
10. Mare's entrance, followed by my practically mauling and/or molesting her.
Oh there was food, children. Lots of food. Deliciousness.
So much so that I got on the scale Monday to find I had gained four pounds. Oops.
All in all, a wonderful trip again. Thank you my dears. I can't wait until next year!
More miracles: Agent Megan's baby was born on Saturday, and though I missed the birth, I was able to sob over the phone when I heard about it.